Sunday, June 7, 2009

Flower beds!

Drum roll please....My flowerbeds are done! Jonathan & I went Friday night and picked out all the flowers. (After MUCH helpful advice from Kim Werner!) Anyway....then came the hard part. Planting them all. Somehow in my mind I was thinking it would take 2-3 hrs. I was outside for 7 HOURS!!!!! Yes, I am burnt to a crisp! Here are a few pics. (Disclaimer: I know it is far from perfect and even now when I look at it, I see different places I should have put things, or moved things over a few inches one way or the other, but it is not changing for a long while! :-)

Before





After





I know it looks a little empty right now, but the shrubs will grow so it will look more full later. Thank you so much Kim for all your advice! I have to admit I am quite proud of my accomplishment....my first flowerbed! :-)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great Job Punkin!!!!! You must have gotten your green thumb from Grandma and Papa Tuter.

Amy said...

good job sis, can't wait to see it next Sat.!!!

HR said...

I think it looks great! What fun!